There are 5 ESSENTIAL guidelines here that will ensure your weight will not increase over the holidays.
1. Follow the 80:20 rule. 80% of the day’s intake is lean meats, vegetables and water and let loose on the other 20. However, you have to make a choice…pie, stuffing or wine? If you just HAVE to have all three, you get one third serving of each.
2. Move your body first thing every am. You tend to burn more fat stores at that time of the day and you rev up your metabolism for the rest. Cardio is best, but anything will do. Shoot for 30 minutes. If you miss a day, divvy up the time for the rest of the week.
3. WATER. Drink half your weight in ounces every day.
4. Hormone balancing. Make sure your adrenal, thyroid, and reproductive hormones are on track. No sense working harder than needed to shed the pounds.
5. Nourish your spirit by taking it easy on yourself. Just stressing about weight gain will help you hold onto more weight!
Hormone balancing is a special passion of Dr. Karli’s. Feel free to call the office for information on how you can attract better health and more vitality into your life!